Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tokio Hotel fan for 2 years

Last August 17, 2009 was Tokio Hotel day for me. Well, i kinda did nothing to celebrate it but listen to more TH songs and hope for the best for them, especially that their new album will be released around october.
Never did i expect that Tokio Hotel would be the band who would cheer me up, brighten my days, listen, understand my problems, teach me about other cultures(like Germany and ...Hong Kong, indirectly) and i think all the Tokio Hotel songs i love to hear since i became their fan will become part of my poignant but wonderful "Highschool soundtrack", particularly "Monsoon".
Before, i saw an old paperdoll in stardoll called "Tokio Hotel"- it has a lesbian looking chick for a preview who turns out to be the 15 year old Bill. I once thought Bill was a girl and i would turn my head away in disgust everytime i would see that paperdoll preview and mutter "yuuuuk... Babaeng ewan. Ayokong maging tulad niya..." (Yuuuuk... a crazy looking biatch. I don't want to look like her). Something really ironic. ;-)
It was a stormy day when i first heard their music, i was still depressed about the loss of Keith Coral as a best friend as well as his harsh and painful treatment for a year. Naturally, i would look for a divertion to get over it. Then i heard monsoon after looking for Bill Kaulitz on the internet. I first heard about Bill two or more weeks prior i first heard the songs of TH. He was a new paperdoll on stardoll and i was randomly playing with paperdolls back then when i stumbled upon this then shiny, new "Mike Shinoda-like, Japanese anime wannabe 20 something year old dude who looks like he came from Los Angeles". When i saw his style, i was surprised that it was really perfect. Like it's also my same kind of style- rockerish but not too dark. During that time, i was a big Gerard Way fan and the only cool style that im seeing were stark black and blood red outfits that signifies death, blood and depression. After two years of being a fan of that kind of style, i became numb (sings "... i become so nuuuumb!!!") but the kind of style i like, i considered it my own since i never seen anyone who is a rocker but still wears not so dark and exaggerated.
Yeah, i was so enchanted with him that i found myself coming back to his doll and dress him up at around 5 times a day. I think he was the doll that shouts out my kind of style and he let me get my creativity out and express the style i really like. Soon, he became my fashion icon. One day, i became curious about his life and who he is. I googled him and found that he was the vocalist of Tokio Hotel(much to my shock, after recalling what i said about that "Babaeng ewan" who turns out to be him) and he was a German and those sorts of stuffs about him. One day, after i fall for him deeper, i came up with the decision to listen to their songs. I never expect that i would like their music very, very much but i ended up belting out "Monsoon", "Durch den monsun", "Scream" or "Love is dead" in the shower every morning.
A few months after i fell in love with their music, my classmates used my then shiny, new ipod gen 3 nanowith lots of Tokio Hotel songs and vids. To my surprise, they all ended up loving Bill's hairstyle and suddenly belt out "Monsoon" during math classes, biology classes or reccess time.
Then the rest is history.
I just wish Tokio Hotel would still be strong and make good music. I hope they'll stay as sweet and wonderful as they were but their success, i hope they'll meet it very greatly that i'll be able to see them one of these days on the MTV gimme five or MYX daily top ten on the number 1 spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment