Friday, March 12, 2010

An afternoon of pure laughter and merriment

If my retreat last december was a total "Ultimate Bonding Experience" with my classmates, March 11, was however, the equivalent for two of my closest friends in school, Jonathan and Mark Malabanan. It was an afternoon of total fun and laughter as we enjoyed delicious food and sang songs for just about anyone we remember.

It was a balmy, January recess time when one of us thought of a rendezvous outside school as a "Lilipat-na-nang-ibang-school" party for me. Since i'll be leaving my poor friends behind next year for college, it would be nice if i leave them some last memorable moments before i go. Since we never hanged around as best friends outside school, we decided to hold this party somewhere else.
Then some time later, we decided that it should be held during march- the last month of the school year. We decided that it would be better if it is on March 11- Marlon's birthday as well as the second day of finals. It is like hitting two birds with one stone if we decided to have the party on that date.
Throughout January and February, we had loads of ideas on where to have fun on March 11. One of my favorite ideas was the lunch at Papum siu mai/Sampaloc lake biking trip. It's been a long time since i wanted to go biking in Sampaloc lake(not on the lake itself, though). But then, a wonderful idea popped in my mind.
One day, i suggested to Jonathan, Mark and Marlon that we should go on a Kareoke party in Santa's Old Town(in which i'll shoulder all the expenses). The Malabanan brothers had no problem with that, but Marlon doesn't like even if we can sing "Monsoon" there.

Then the days become weeks and the weeks eventually turned into a month. Before we knew it, it was march already. We were sad as well as happy about it. Sad because my days in Montessori are numbered, happy because our March 11 outing is drawing near. Suddenly, a day before March 11, Marlon withdrawn from our planned rendezvous, saying that his tita planned to take him, Rizelle, Arthur, Zhae and Ken to Pizza Hut. Of course, we were bummed about it but i just told the two that we'll carry on with our plans no matter what happen.

March 11 came and it was the second day of our finals as well as the Sophomore's NAT(National Achievement Test). Of course, we went through our exams as if there's nothing unusual will happen afterwards. After the second year guys finished their NAT, i happily rushed to the phone and asked dad for permission to go and he said yes. I feel guilty because the excuse i used was Rizelle's birthday party, but i lied so that i can experience this chance that's about to slip from my nose. I admit i never been out with my friends to eat and be merry before this, but i wanted to experience this before my highschoolness disappear. After receiving my dad's blessing, we went past kuya Zaldy Camacho and we were off.

We arrived in Santa's Old Town when (much to my dismay since she might make chika of this to dad the next time we eat there) tita Yolai was there. She was surprised but happy when she saw me brought along some friends to eat in her place. After ordering some food, one of the waitresses whom im familiar with turned the kareoke on and we began to sing. The first song we sang was "Happy birthday"(for Marlon) sung by me. Then i sang again, this time my all-time SOT-fave, "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel(for the dreaded Keith Coral), much to the delight of my best buds. As we ate our bolognese and sip our raspberry iced tea(but i opted for coke), we sang songs like anak(for Dean Villar), Magdalena( for my classmates), Half crazy(for Bill Kaulitz), Puso(for Ateneo students from the past, present and the future. Whether fictional or non fictional.), jai ho(for Jawo and all the others who tease Jonats as the A.R Rahman aka the guy who sang "jai hoooooooooooooo..."), I hate this part(for Xurt), All about us(for me, Jonathan, Mark and Marlon), Insomia(for sir Ernest and Dean again), Pitong gatang(for sir Manto), Paparazzi(for Xurt again i think or someone else whom i forgot), Pokerface(for NR and his notorious pimples), Dancing Queen(for Nikki Goza who really love this song), Man in the mirror(for Kassel and sir Cris), Breaking free(for everyone sabi ni Mark), Everyday(for Jonathan and Mark's friend from Canossa), Reality(for everyone sabi ko) and some other songs i forgot.

After some time of total merriment, Jonathan told me that it's time for us to go since it's already 2:30 PM. I secretly wanted to extend it but i feel that it's rather embarrassing since im their host so i gave in their request. I bid them goodbye as they left Santa's Old Town and i left on my own way.

So, we all had a really great, memorable bonding moment while singing kareoke in Santa's Old Town. For Jonathan and Mark, they told me that they had the most wonderful time ever the next day. I could see the happiness in them as they tell Marlon and NR about all the fun that we had without them. For me, giving them such joy is my gratitude to them for being the bestest friends i could possibly have. Then, there is also this feeling of satisfaction in me that i finally did what normal highschoolers usually do that i cannot do. Having an overprotective parent as well as a "homegirl" attitude, i never get to eat out with my friends in my first three years of highschool. It was only in my very last part of fourth year when i get to enjoy that perfect moment of bliss with my friends.

So, when i look back at my highschool memories some years from now, this memory will be one of those that will stand among the rest. This moment which is my first and most unforgettable rendezvous with my friends. The rendezvous which i spent time with my two best friends, Jonathan and Mark Malabanan.

No comments:

Post a Comment