Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meet the Malabanans

Before i entered IJMCP, i expected that i will have no Harry Potter loving friends there since back then i had the notion that Harry Potter is for kids only. But surprise took me the moment i met Gt and his cousins ate Kim and -especially- Keith. They proved to me that highschool students can also enjoy the joys Harry Potter give when they became my best friends. But like the saying that i learnt in Montessori "Nothing is constant in this world but change", my friends quickly changed their ways and slid away from me. Although Gt, ate Kim, Tata and Nr still treats me well, Keith was different. He treats me like i don't exist and tries everything he can to avoid me to the point when some teacher tries to group me and him in a project or dance, he would find a way to shake either me or him off the team. He would find a way to seperate us even if it would take serious means to break it off. And im amazed he almost always manage to seperate. So, other than breaking my friendship with him, he really did a good job to soar my hatred on him to the point i want him to disappear in my life and never see him again.

Two years after experiencing a kind of betrayal from friends whom i thought would never suddenly change, i never wished having Harry Potter loving friends again in my highschool life and became numb when it comes to having best friends. I just don't want to get hurt again like what they-especially Keith- did to me. I just told myself to get used with being alone and my only close friends in school are my classmates and sir Ian. I don't want to be messed up with another friendship that would leave me again in agony especially it will be my last year in highschool. It took me about two years(october 2007 to april 2009) to get over it and i don't want to get through another frustration again.

But then, two second year students moved in to Montessori and when i saw them first i expected them to be total loners(and i promised myself to be close with my classmates only), Harry Potter haters(since they are devout born-agains like Phoebe) and had no chances of being close friends with me but i made a grievous fault.
June has passed and i was having fun within the comfort zone of my classmates. But then fate has it that most of us got seperated with each other because of the Nutrition Month cooking fest. All highschool students were divided into seperate groups and almost all fourth years were made to be leaders of the groups. I ended up to be the leader of the team which composed of Asriel, Twinkle, Marlon, Camille and Jonathan. I never, ever expected anything from Jonathan and i treated him something like scheisse even if Twinkle insisted on me that Jonathan is an expert on cooking since his mom is learning to be a chef. In the end, i gave in and made Jonathan my junior assistant(with Asrie as my volunteering head chef/senior assistant). Then there was a sudden twist of fate when Jonathan found out that i was a Harry Potter fan. "So what?" my stressed-from-doing-everything-and-studying-for-the-UPCAT self snapped at Jonathan. He smiled and told me that he was also a Harry Potter fan too, as well as his siblings Mark, Emerson, Clarisse and James. So that began a friendship that i never expected will bloom out.
At first, i don't hang that much with them since im afraid that they are maybe like Gt, Keith and ate Kim- who will also leave me for good. But after long, i began to consider them as my homies including Marlon and NR. After the Nutrition month celebration, i began to hang out with them in the library, telling them things about Harry Potter. Not long, i found myself having lunch with them and our conversations went beyond Harry Potter. Due to constant pressure in the sportsfest and my numbness on best friendships, i think i started eating with them at either the weeks during my cheering practice or the week when i was studying for the DLSUCET since i remember telling them that i will take the DLSUCET and they are all bidding me "Good luck".
Well, now it's only a few months away before i have to graduate and leave Montessori, im so glad i finally made good friends such as the Malabanans before i go and start life again. I hope i'll be able to keep in touch with them and also meet friends as good as them when im in college. With all the challenges that lies on college life, who knows i will or i won't?

No comments:

Post a Comment