Monday, October 12, 2009

DLSUCET: Sorrows and surprises

Following the ACET in my list was the DLSUCET. I thought that the DLSUCET was easier than the ACET- from all those claims that La Salle only takes kiddies with very rich mommies and daddies, never minding how intelligent the kid is- but i was wrong(along with those guys who assumed to me that La Salle is the most low-iq among the big three). Turned out that in La Salle, you money not only matters but also brains. At least i had fun as much as i had when i took the ACET.
Before i took the test, i met two girls, Katrina(from Saint Paul QC) and Meg(from FEU FERN). We talked a bit about the test and the fact that we were still sleepy.
i gave out some text messages to GT, ate Ash, dad and kuya Cj, telling them "shutang inamets, im about to take the La Salle exam". Soon after the test had started, i scanned my test booklet and was surprised to see how hard the math sub test was, then i started doing the first subtest(an IQ test most likely since it shows problem solving questions and analogies) in my exam. Five minutes to go and i got finished answering them. Then i went frantic when i realized that i was shading at the wrong questions for the last ten questions- with all of my answers a question after the question i intended to answer with my given shades). So i hurriedly erased all ten of them and shaded them again, i finished just in time for the proctor to announce to move on to the next subtest. Man, i made one big mess on my testpaper but i hope my answers will be considered since it would be a waste. =(
After some time, i found myself answering the math questions- with my least fave math topic Geometry, some fourth year maths and the topic we haven't discussed about as of that time, Trigonometry. Although i asked sir Ian for help before the DLSUCET, it just gave me little help since most of the trigonometry questions were those complicated ones.-gasp!! So much for Trigonometry. Then break time came and i met Meg again, who told me that solving logarithms should be solved with calculators. I was shocked about it, since sir Ian never let us use calculators to solve logarithms(and im a big fail at the more complicated log, honestly.=p). Lugi ka ngayon.
After some more tedious IQ tests, there came the reading comp. in which it made me lighten up a bit. If the Ateneo Reading Comprehension mentioned Indonesia, Singapore and made me go into an untimely rapture of Bill(long story), it was nothing comapred to the awesomeness i saw in De La Salle's. They mentioned Hong Kong(buh-na-na-nah), Seoul, Gisele Buenchen, Jay-Z, Star Trek and most of all Harry Potter!!! Now that's what i call an entrance exam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment